The Belvedere Palace
One of the most beautiful baroque palaces in Austria. It was here that the treaty re-establishing the sovereignty of Austria was signed in 1955, making its name synonymous with freedom.
The Belvedere’s two magnificent palaces, the Upper and Lower Belvedere, were built in the 18th century as the summer residence for the important general Prince Eugene of Savoy (1663-1736).
The palaces with their extensive gardens are considered to be one of the world’s finest Baroque landmarks.